Tender: INVITATION FOR BIDS Decentralization as a contribution to stabilization in Libya Bid Reference: 18.2181.8_Mun. Coord. Al Bayda, Shahat
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Other /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2021-03-07
INVITATION FOR BIDS
Decentralisation as a contribution to stabilisation in Libya Bid Reference: 18.2181.8_Mun. Coord. Al Bayda, Shahat
Brief description of the Program and Project
On behalf of the Federal German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the Decentralisation & Support to Municipalities project in Libya. The project is co-funded by the European Union through the Trust Fund for North Africa (EUTF). The project is targeting 24 municipalities across Libya; eight out of which are new partner municipalities to the project.
Overall, the project aims to contribute in improving inclusive local governance as well as socio-economic stabilization and development in municipalities. The project is designed to achieve four main results:
1. Support of municipal and local authorities in fulfilling their role and responsibilities and strengthen
horizontal and vertical cooperation and networking;
2. Provision of services at local level and increased access to services for most vulnerable groups, in particular migrants and refugees, are ensured;
3. Develop and implement projects for economic recovery and job creation;
4. Develop and support implementation of projects for conflict resolution and inclusion of vulnerable groups, especially youth, women, IDPs, and migrants.
Brief description of requested service
GIZ is looking for a national consultant to assume the role as the municipal regional coordinator for the municipalities of Al Bayda and Shahat and to contribute to the implementation of the Decentralisation & Support to Municipalities project with guidance from the international expert team. Please check the Terms of Reference for detailed information.
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
• Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in an electronic version n o later than 07.03.2021 to the following email address: LY_Quotation@giz.de . The subject line of the email should indicate the following title: 18.2181.8_Mun. Coord. Al Bayda, Shahat. Nonresponsive offers will not be considered.
• Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account.
o Payments will be in EUR currency to the contractor’s bank abroad (outside of Libya);
o GIZ cannot transfer money to foreign currency accounts inside Libya.
• Financial offers must contain proof of the bidder’s foreign currency bank account outside of Libya including bank details.
• For financial offers, please use the attached template.
• Please include a copy of ID or passport.