Tender: INVITATION FOR BIDS ( Support to Municipalities and Decentralization, Libya )
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Other /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2021-07-28
INVITATION FOR BIDS
Support to Municipalities and Decentralisation, Libya
Bid Reference: 18.2181.8-001.00_TransferOfCompetences
On behalf of the Federal German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ),the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the Decentralisation and Support to Municipalities Programme as a contribution to the stabilisation process in Libya. The Programme is co-funded by the European Union through the Trust Fund for North Africa (EUTF). The Programme is being implemented in collaborationwith the Libyan Ministry of Local Government (MoLG), and the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Local Administration (GS SCLA) and it is targeting 25 municipalities acrossLibya.
Overall, the Programme aims to contribute in improving inclusive local governance as well as socioeconomic stabilization and development in municipalities. The Program is designed to achieve five main results:
1. Decentralization reform: capacity development at national level.
2. Improving national dialogue, coordination and communication.
3. Capacity development at municipal level for partner municipalities & improving basic public service delivery.
4. Capacity development for civil society actors & improving inclusion and participation.
5. Capacity development for municipalities to finance and manage basic public services.
6. Given this background, GIZ is looking for a local consulting firm to advise and support the central government to transfer competences to the municipalities and manage the decentralization process.
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
• Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in an electronic version not later than Wednesday the 28th of July to the following email address: LY_Quotation@giz.de .
The subject line of the email should indicate the following title: 18.2181.8-001.00_TransferOfCompetences Nonresponsive offers will not be considered.
• Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account.
o Payments will be in EUR currency to the contractor’s bank abroad.
o GIZ cannot transfer money to Foreign Currency Accounts inside Libya
• Financial Offers must contain the bidder’s bank details.
• For financial offers, please use the attached template in Annex2
• Bidders have to be registered in Libya and provide proof of this registration together with the offer.
• Offers can also be provided by a group of freelance experts. For this please fill out Annex3-Working Groups. In case of an award to a group of freelance experts, Annex4-association will be filled out jointly. This does not have to be provided for the offer.