Tender: Provision and Planting of Trees
Company name: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Category name: Supplies / Other /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2021-03-13
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an international non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by vulnerable people affected by conflict and instability all over the world. The organisation strives to identify safety and security needs.
The Ra's Ajdir border crossing between Tunisia and Libya is a major hub for civilian and commercial transportation. The traffic, the crowdedness and long waiting hours has resulted in the border crossing often being a site of tension and safety risk for communities.
This initiative aims to address the safety and security at Ra's Ajdir by facilitating cooperation between local security providers, local authorities, CSOs and community members through planting trees at the level of the border crossing. In addition to developing relationships between the aforementioned actors, the plants will create shelter for travellers at the border, and the spatial improvement of the border space may decrease tension.
For this initiative, the DRC Libya’s SSR project and DRCs Tunisia’s Borderland project are joining forces to enhance impact.
Statement of Works
Ras Ijdir Border Crossing – Zuwara Municipality – exact location to be confirmed in consultation with relevant parties.
The Awarded Supplier shall carry out the activities listed here below and provide the deliverables specified:
- Consult and coordinate with DRC/DDG staff and local partners to define the specific perimeter of intervention and agree on the timeline
- Plant 150 Yellow Bells trees at the border crossing point of Ras Ijdir as follows:
- Deliver 150 Trees - Name: Tecoma (Yellow Bells) / Size: 1.5 meters / Age: 6-7 months and in good health to specified delivery point
- Deliver of soil to specified delivery point
- Deliver of tank of water to specify delivery point
✓ Provide tools and equipment necessary to facilitate the planting of trees
- Facilitate the planting of 150 Yellow Bells trees as directed by DRC Project Manager prior to specified project completion date.
- Provide 5x daily workers for manual labour for 3x 8-hour days.
A supplier based in the geographical area, i.e., no further than 50km from Zuwara, with knowledge of the local context, stakeholders and communicative in Tamazight will be highly preferred.Payment
The proposed cost should cover all expenses required for the completion of the work (material, equipment, human resources, etc)
Payment will be made in a lumpsum upon completion of the work in the form of cheque or bank transfer.
Consultation & Field visit (1 day)
Provision of plants, of the work equipment and material (1 day) Planting of the trees (3 days)
Final Supervision (0.5 days)
Required Completion Date
Works should start not later than 15 March 2021
All works shall be completed before 21 March 2021
Supervision of all work will be undertaken by the appointed DRC Project Manager.