Tender: Provision of General Services for Participation through Employment on Facilitating Access to the Labor Market
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Other /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2020-07-05
INVITATION FOR BIDS
“Employment Promotion and Economic Development”, Libya
Bid Reference: 2017.4103.2_MarketDemandStudyAutomotiveSector
Brief description of the Programme and Project
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our business volume is around 3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Eco-nomic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
In Libya, GIZ is currently implementing 7 projects in cooperation with different partners. The project “Employment promotion and economic development” is pursuing the goal: “The perspectives for income-relevant employment in selected municipalities have improved”. In order to achieve this goal, the project interventions shall focus on economic sectors that have potential for growth and employment. Based on existing studies on the Libyan economy and in discussion with its partners GIZ has pre-selected certain sectors in which measures for the qualification of the workforce, in particular graduates from TVET and training institutions, should be developed. For these sectors in-depth market demand and skills studies shall be conducted. One of the sectors to be explored is the automotive sector (passenger cars, heavy vehicles, motorcycles).
With the present terms of reference, GIZ is looking for a competent and experienced research institution or consulting firm or individual expert, specialized in labor market and employment issues in Libya, and with experience in the assessment of skills related to professions in the automotive sector.
Brief description of requested service
The assignment comprises a market demand and skills needs’ study on the Libyan automotive sector and selected sub-sectors. The study shall be the base for the identification and planning of potential short-term training measures (for graduates, potential start-ups, employees and management in the sector and sub-sectors).
The contract volume is 35 expert days.
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
- Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in an electronic version not later than 29.06.2020 (before 04:00pm Libya Time) to the following email address: [email protected] The subject line of the email should indicate the following title: Bid_2017.4103.2_MarketDemandStudyAutomotiveSector. Nonresponsive offers will not be considered.
- Payments will be in EUR currency to the contractor’s bank abroad.
- Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account.
- For financial offers, please use the attached template in annex 2.
- Financial offers must contain the bidder’s bank details.
- Bidders have to be registered in Libya and provide proof of this registration together with the offer.
- Please submit a technical and financial offer according to the requirements specified in the Terms of Reference under chap. 4.