Tender: RFQ provision of a Libyan law firm for the provision of legal expertise and consultancy.
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Other /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2021-07-25
INVITATION FOR BIDS
GIZ Country Office, Libya
Bid Reference: 19.9202.3-001.00_Law-Firm
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with over 20.000 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. The business volume of GIZ is around 3 billion Euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
GIZ is working in Libya on behalf of the BMZ, since 2016 with currently seven projects. Before 2016 GIZ implemented projects in Libya between 2011 and 2014. The emergence and intensification of the civil conflict in Libya led to the interruption of GIZ activities in 2014. In 2016 GIZ reinitiated activities in Libya and started to implement new Projects. Currently, GIZ is working with Libyan Partners in the implementation of the following projects:
- Support to Municipalities in Libya
- Employment promotion and economic development
- Socio-economic dialogue process in Libya
- Improvement of basic health care in Libya
- Promoting youth for peaceful development
- Promoting decentralization as a contribution to stabilization in Libya
- The Studies and Experts Fund
GIZ Libya is looking for the provision of a libyan law firm for the provision of legal expertise and consultancy.
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
• Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in an electronic version not later than Sunday the 25th of July to the following email address: LY_Quotation@giz.de.
The subject line of the email should indicate the following title: 19.9202.3-001.00_Law-Firm
• Nonresponsive offers will not be considered.
• Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account.
o Payments will be in EUR currency to the contractor’s bank abroad.
o GIZ cannot transfer money to Foreign Currency Accounts inside Libya
• Financial Offers must contain the bidder’s bank details.
• For financial offers, please use the attached template in Annex2
• Bidders have to be registered in Libya and provide proof of this registration together with the offer.