Tender: Supply of furniture offices
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Supplies /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2020-03-20
INVITATION FOR BIDS
“Employment Promotion and Economic Developmen”, Libya
Bid Reference: 2017.4103.2_FurnitureTailoringDepartment
Brief description of the Program and Project
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 20,726 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our business volume is around 3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
GIZ is working in Libya on behalf of the BMZ since 2016 with currently five projects. One of them is the “Employment promotion and economic development” project which pursues the objective to improve the opportunities of Libyan youth to find employment. One of the key areas of intervention is capacity building, in particular in sectors with potential for employment. In this context we are cooperating with training centers under the Libyan Ministry of Labour and Capacity Building (MoL) which are delivering short-term training, as well as with technical and vocational education institutions under the Ministry of Education/National Board of TVE. Our support shall assist them to plan and execute up to date training measures of high quality for their final beneficiaries.
One sector with employment opportunities especially for women is the garment sector. We support one of our partners, a training center under the Ministry of Labour and Capacity Building (MoL) to set up a tailoring department targeting female beneficiaries. The project has already equipped the new department with sewing and accessory machines but still needs to purchase the necessary furniture (tables, chairs, shelves, etc) for the department.
With the present tender we search for a competent supplier, which is specialized in the field of furniture for offices and training units.
Brief description of requested service
The furniture to be supplied includes:
- Office tables for trainers
- Meeting chairs for trainers
- Sewing chairs for machines (5 legs)
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
- GIZ has the right to accept or reject any proposal even if it was the least price without providing any reasons.
- If needed, hard copies of the TORs may be obtained from GIZ office located in Hay Al-Andalus, P.O. Box 4040, Tripoli/Libya, phone: 00218 91 7614410 or 00218 4689605.
- Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in an electronic version not later than 20.03.2020 to the following email address: LY_Quotation@giz.de. The subject line of the email should indicate the following title: Bid_2017.4103.2_FurnitureTailoringDepartment. Nonresponsive offers will not be considered.
- Payments will be in EUR currency to the contractor’s bank abroad.
- Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account.
- For financial offers, please use the attached template in annex 2.
- Financial Offers must contain the bidder’s bank details.
- Bidders have to be registered in Libya and provide proof of this registration together with the offer.
- Please submit a technical and financial offer according to the requirements specified in the Terms of Reference under points 4.1 and 4.2.