Tender: Supply of Tailoring Equipment
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Supplies /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2020-08-30
INVITATION FOR BIDS
“Employment Promotion and Economic Development”, Libya
Brief description of the Program and Project
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with 21,000 employees. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our business volume is around 3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
Since 2017 GIZ is working in Libya on behalf of the BMZ with currently seven projects. One of them is the “Employment promotion and economic development” project which pursues the objective to improve the opportunities of Libyan youth to find employment. One of the key areas of intervention is capacity building, in particular in sectors with potential for growth and employment. In this context we are cooperating with public training centers and technical and vocational education (TVET) institutions, business development organizations, associations of entrepreneurs as well as NGOs. Our support shall assist them to plan and execute up to date training and support measures of high quality for their final beneficiaries.
With the present consultation (tender) we search for a competent supplier of high-quality equipment and components for the tailoring sector.
Brief description of requested service
The equipment to be supplied includes:
- 2 sewing machines
- 1 button hole machine
- 1 automatic cloth cutting machine
- 1 ironing board
- 2 overlock machine 5-thread
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
- Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in an electronic version not later than 30th August 2020 to the following email address: LY_Quotation@giz.de. The subject line of the email should indicate the following title:
Nonresponsive offers will not be considered.
- Payments will be in EUR currency to the contractor’s bank abroad.
- Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account abroad.
- For financial offers, please use the attached template in annex 2.
- Financial Offers must contain the bidder’s bank details.
- Bidders have to be registered in Libya and provide proof of this registration together with the offer.
- Please submit a technical and financial offer according to the requirements specified in the Terms of Reference under chap. 4.1 and 4.2.