Tender: Supply of Winter clothing kits
Company name: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Category name: Supplies /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2019-10-23
REQUEST FOR QUOTATIONS (RFQ)
GENERAL INSTRUCTION TO SUPPLIERS (GIS)
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is an intergovernmental organization established in 1951 and is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits both migrants and society.
In the framework of IOM Libya’s programmes, the IOM invites interested eligible Suppliers to submit Quotations for Winter Clothing Kits as per the specifications in Annex B.
This RFQ includes Instructions to Suppliers and administrative requirements that Suppliers will need to follow in order to prepare and submit their quotations for consideration by IOM.
IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any quotation, and to cancel the procurement process and reject all quotations at any time prior to award of Purchase Order or Contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected Supplier/s or any obligation to inform the affected Supplier/s of the ground for IOM’s action.
Very truly yours,
IOM is encouraging companies to use recycled materials or materials coming from sustainable resources or produced using a technology that has lower ecological footprints.
GENERAL INSTRUCTION TO SUPPLIERS (GIS)
IOM Libya Direct Assistance Unit provides direct assistance to migrants that are under detention to address the urgent needs. As IOM continuously support migrants in Libya under different conditions, IOM Libya intends to create an LTA to be able to respond urgent migrant needs.
IOM requests prospective Suppliers to submit quotation for the following winter clothing kits:
Total Purchase (Male/Female)
1. Jacket (x01)
2. Sweat Suit-two piece (x01)
3. Pair of Gloves (x01)
4. Pair of socks (x02)
5. Hat (x01)
6. Pair of 3 strap adjustable shoe
7. Undergarment (x02)
8. Bag (x01)
Technical Specifications: please refer to description of each item and technical specifications in Annex B Section-1
Packing: please refer to packing instructions for the kits in Annex B Section-2
IOM procurement staff will notify the company and share the PO for each request.
Each kit content might change based on the Project requirements.
2. Corrupt, Fraudulent, and Coercive Practices
IOM requires that all IOM Staff, manufacturers, suppliers or distributors, observe the highest standard of ethics during the procurement and execution of all contracts. IOM shall reject any proposal put forward by Suppliers, or where applicable, terminate their contract, if it is determined that they have engaged in corrupt, fraudulent, collusive or coercive practices. In pursuance of this policy, IOM defines for purposes of this paragraph the terms set forth below as follows:
- Corrupt practice means the offering, giving, receiving or soliciting, directly or indirectly, of anything of value to influence the action of the Procuring/Contracting Entity in the procurement process or in contract execution;
- Fraudulent practice is any act or omission, including a misrepresentation, that knowingly or recklessly misleads, or attempts to mislead, the Procuring/Contracting Entity in the procurement process or the execution of a contract, to obtain a financial gain or other benefit to avoid an obligation;
- Collusive practice is an undisclosed arrangement between two or more bidders designed to artificially alter the results of the tender procedure to obtain a financial gain or other benefit;
- Coercive practice is impairing or harming, or threatening to impair or harm, directly or indirectly, any participant in the tender process to influence improperly its activities in a procurement process, or affect the execution of a contract
3. Conflict of Interest
All Suppliers found to have conflicting interests shall be disqualified to participate in the procurement at hand. A Supplier may be considered to have conflicting interest under any of the circumstances set forth below:
- A Supplier has controlling shareholders in common with another Supplier;
- A Supplier receives or has received any direct or indirect subsidy from another Supplier;
- A Supplier has the same representative as that of another Supplier for purposes of this quotation;
- A Supplier has a relationship, directly or through third parties, that puts them in a position to have access to information about or influence on the Quotation of another or influence the decisions of the Mission/Procuring Entity regarding this quotation process;
- A Supplier submits more than one Quotation in this Quotation process;
- A Supplier who participated as a consultant in the preparation of the design or technical specifications of the Goods and related services that are subject of this quotation process.
4. Eligible Suppliers for the LTA (one-year Long Term Agreement)
Only Suppliers that are determined to be qualified shall be considered for award. In order to establish their eligibility, together with the Quotation the Supplier shall submit the following;
- Registration documents
- Taxation cards
- Past performance/experience of the same type of business
- Sample of M size Adult Winter Clothing Kit and Infant Size Children Winter Clothing Kit
The successful Bidder is expected to provide IOM with the Winter Clothing Kits from 20 October 2019 to 30 October 2020 upon request by IOM in accordance with terms and conditions of Recurring Supply Agreement will be signed upon award of the contract.
5. Errors, omissions, inaccuracies and clarifications
The documents and forms requested for the purpose of soliciting Quotations shall form part of the Contract; hence care should be taken in completing these documents.
Suppliers shall not be entitled to base any claims on errors, omissions, or inaccuracies made in the Quotation Documents.
Suppliers requiring any clarifications on the content of this document may notify the IOM in writing at the following address:
Address: Hay-al Kuwait, Janzour, Tripoli
Email: [email protected]
IOM will respond to any request for clarification received on or before the Oct 8th , 2019 by 10 am. Copies of the response including description of the clarification will be given to all Suppliers who received this General Instruction, without identifying the source of the inquiry.
6. Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure
All information given in writing to or verbally shared with the Supplier in connection with this General Instruction is to be treated as strictly confidential. The Supplier shall not share or invoke such information to any third party without the prior written approval of IOM. This obligation shall continue after the procurement process has been completed whether or not the Supplier is successful.
7. IOM’s Right to accept any Quotation and to reject any and all Quotations
IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any Quotation, and to cancel the procurement process and reject all Quotations, at any time prior to award of contract, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected Supplier/s or any obligation to inform the affected Supplier/s of the ground for IOM’s action.
- Quotation Documents
The following shall constitute the Quotation Documents to be submitted by the Supplier:
a.) Quotation Form (Annex A)
b.) Technical Specifications Form (Annex B)
c.) Price Schedule (Annex C)
Suppliers are required to use the forms provided as Annexes in this document.
8.2 Quotation Form
The Quotation Form (Annex A) and other required documents shall be duly signed and accomplished and typewritten or written in indelible ink. Any correction made to the prices, rates or to any other information shall be rewritten in indelible ink and initialed by the person signing the Quotation Form.
The language of the Quotation shall be in English and prices shall be quoted in USD (US Dollars), exclusive of Sales Tax.
Prices quoted by the Supplier shall be fixed during performance of the contract and not subject to price escalation and variation on any account, unless otherwise approved by IOM. A submitted quotation with an adjustable price quotation will be treated as non-responsive and will be rejected.
8.3 Validity of Quotation Price
The submitted prices shall remain valid for a minimum period of 1 year, after the deadline for submission.
In exceptional circumstances, prior to expiry of the period of validity of quotations, IOM may request that the Suppliers extend the period of validity for a specified additional period. The request and the response there shall be made in writing. A supplier agreeing to the request will not be required or permitted to modify its quotation. The price changes that is done by Ministry of Health will be reflected to the prices of Supplier.
9. Submission of Quotation Documents
Quotations must be submitted in sealed envelopes addressed to Procurement Office, and/or by email to: [email protected]
Quotations shall be submitted on or before 2 pm on Oct 23, 2019. Late Quotations will not be accepted.