Tender: Support to municipalities in Libya conduct of context assessment, South
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Other /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2020-03-01
INVITATION FOR BIDS
Support to municipalities in Libya
Bid Reference: 16.2243.0-001.00_ContextAnalysis_South
Brief description of the Program and Project
On behalf of the Federal German Ministry of International Development and Economic Cooperation (BMZ), the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the Municipal Development Program in the context of mixed migration in Libya. The Program is co-funded by the European Union through the Trust Fund for North Africa (EUTF). The Program is being implemented in collaboration with the GNA Libyan Ministry of Local Government (MOLG) and it is targeting 16 municipalities that are located at the main migration route to Europe:
1) Hay al Andalus, 2) Nalut, 3) Al-Zintan, 4) Al-Sharqiya, 5) Wadi Al-Bawanis, 6) Ghadames, 7) Edri Al-Shati, 8) Ash-Shweiref, 9) Tarhonah, 10) Zliten, 11) Garabulli, 12) Janzour, 13) Jadu, 14) Msallata, 15) Al-Jufra, 16) Misrata.
Overall, the Program aims to contribute to improving inclusive local governance as well as socio-economic stabilization and development in municipalities encountering the challenges of migration in Libya. In order to do so, the Program is designed to achieve three main results:
• Result 1: Municipal and Local authorities are supported in fulfilling their role and responsibilities
• Result 2: Better provision of services at local level and increased access to services for most vulnerable groups, in particular migrants and refugees, are ensured
• Result 3: Inclusive local economic development is supported.
Brief description of requested service
Since the eruption of violence in Libya, access for international organizations has been limited. This lies mostly in the scattered political environment and the presence of numerous different armed groups having regions of Libya or parts of Tripoli under their control. Generally, Libya is subject to a fragile and everchanging local and national scenario. GIZ intends to conduct a rapid context analysis in the partner municipalities with the aim of assessing the conflict potentials as well as security and operational risks. The general target of the analysis is the provision of findings regarding different measures of social context sensitivity within the targeted municipalities. The analysis should examine the social peace context in each community as well as the existing resources in place to manage challenges in the social peace context. The analysis has to focus especially on the municipal perceptions on the impact of migration on the social peace context and on the greatest protection needs within the community.
In order to complete this task, GIZ is looking for a team of local researchers who could support the activity in the following municipalities:
1) Al-Sharqiya, 2) Wadi Al-Bawanis, 3) Ghadames, 4) Edri Al-Shati, 5) Ash-Shweiref, 6) Al-Jufra
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
- GIZ has the right to accept or reject any proposal even if it was the least price without providing any reasons.
- Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in an electronic version not later than March 1st, 18:00 (Tripoli time) to the following email address: [email protected] The subject line of the email should indicate the following title: 16.2243.0-001.00_ContextAnalysis_South. Incomplete offers will not be considered.
- Payments will be in EURO to the contractor’s bank abroad.
- Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account.
- For financial offers, please use the attached template in the annex.
- Financial Offers must contain the bidder’s bank details.
- Bidders have to be registered in Libya and provide proof of this commercial registration together with the offer.
- You may also include further information, requests or conditions that are essential for a correct and complete technical and financial offer.
- The technical offer should include all CVs for proposed staff.
The following documents are provided as part of the tender:
- ToR_context analysis_South
- Annex1_evaluation grid_South
- Annex2_Financial offer_South
- Annex3_Guidance on Financial offer_South
- Annex4_Summary of expected road travel_South