Tender: Tender for OSR regulation
Company name: The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Category name: Other /
Tender type: Free
Close Date: 2021-08-23
INVITATION FOR BIDS
Support to Municipalities and Decentralisation, Libya Bid Reference: 18.2181.8-003_OSR regulation
Brief description of the Program and Project
On behalf of the Federal German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the Decentralization and Support to Municipalities Programme as a contribution to the stabilization process in Libya. The Programme is co-funded by the European Union through the Trust Fund for North Africa (EUTF). The Programme is being implemented in collaboration with the Libyan Ministry of Local Government (MoLG), and the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Local Administration (SCLA) and it is targeting 25 municipalities across Libya.
Overall, the Programme aims to contribute in improving inclusive local governance as well as socioeconomic stabilization and development in municipalities. The Program is designed to achieve five main results :
· Decentralisation reform: capacity development at national level;
· Improving national dialogue, coordination and communication;
· Capacity development at municipal level for partner municipalities & improving basic public service delivery;
· Capacity development for civil society actors & improving inclusion and participation;
· Capacity development for municipalities to finance and manage basic public services.
Within the framework of Result Area 1 and 5, the program aims to strengthen the capacities of the central Libyan state to plan and manage the decentralization process and to transfer competencies to the municipalities in the most efficient and effective manner.
· Given the previous, GIZ is looking for a local consulting firm to advise and support the central government to activate the regulation of the local revenue system in the partner municipalities and provide technical support in setting up the accompanying working aids, processes, and tools to ensure the fulfilment of its requirements within the partner municipalities.
Brief description of requested service
The key objective of this assignment is to support the Ministry of Local Government (MOLG), the General Secretariat of the Supreme Council of Local Administration (SCLA) and the partner municipalities to fully enact the regulation regarding municipal own source revenues as provided by the Cabinet Decree 171/2021 and the Municipal Own Source Revenue (OSR) By-laws. Please refer to the terms of reference for further details.
Bidders should note and adhere to the following terms:
· Offers (technical and financial) shall be submitted in English in an electronic version no later than 23.08.2021 to the following email address: LY_Quotation@giz.de. The subject line of the email should indicate the following title: 18.2181.8-003_OSR regulation
• Nonresponsive offers will not be considered.
• Payments will be in EUR currency to the contractor’s bank abroad.
• Bidders must have a foreign currency bank account outside of Libya.
• For financial offers, please use the attached template
• Financial Offers must contain the bidder’s bank details.
• Bidders who apply as a company have to be registered in Libya and provide proof of this registration together with the offer.